Sunday, April 19, 2015

My privilege!

It is my privilege to be able to take with me a number of different items to leave on the battlefields of Gallipoli.

From the Sandhurst diocese,  I am taking an Indigenous Journey Stone, to represent the journey the soldiers of Central Victoria took to get to the shores of Gallipoli.




I am also carrying with me a crucifix from the diocese. The spirituality of the soldiers who fought in these battles was very high. There were a large number of Catholics. This crucifix helps us to remember their Christian faith

















_________________________________________________________________

From St Liborius Primary School I am very excited and privileged to take with me two items that the Student Social Justice Team handed to me last Friday at assembly.

They were a set of Mary MacKillop Rosary Beads and a Journal.

All of the students and teachers at St Liborius Primary School have signed this Journal and some have written some very heart felt messages to the soldiers of Gallipoli.
Parents of our students have also written messages of thanks for the soldier's sacrifices. This is a very powerful item. There were so many soldiers who journaled their time at war. Now as they rest they have messages from us, grateful citizens of Australia and New Zealand 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment